Friday, July 3, 2009

Introducing...

So everyone, welcome to the official "Jaime's Adventures in South Korea" blog, as promised! As most of you already know, I recently graduated from the University of Maine, and I accepted a position as an English teacher in South Korea (no I don't speak Korean, but I'm learning. Fortunately, Koreans speak English, too). I'll be leaving in mid-August (around the 13th or so). My training starts on August 17th in Seoul, and my job officially starts on August 24th. I'll be teaching from 4-10pm Korean time, about 4 or 5 days each week (not too shabby, eh?). And not to worry, I'll be traveling with a very good friend of mine: Angie, from Temple, ME. She, too, graduated from UMaine with a B.S. in Secondary Education, concentration in English (same degree program as me). We'll be traveling, living, and possibly teaching together. I've included a link to her blog because there's a good chance she'll be more diligent about posting (or she'll post in more detail). I'll be sure to post with more details later; I get my contract in July, and that will include specifics regarding pay, exact location, grade level assignment, housing, etc. I hope you enjoy this little window into my life abroad!

2 comments:

  1. Time stamps are in Korean time, by the way. Korea is ahead approximately 14 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the clarification...I was confused! My friend here at work has a son that is doing the same thing you'll be doing in Mongolia. She follows his blog spot while here at the workplace.

    ReplyDelete